• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure what can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

coco1209

What is the name of your state? CA
I've been married for 2 years and have a 10-month old baby. My husband bought a gas station before we got married. 55% of the biz is entitled to him on the paper. I bought a house before we got married. My name is on the deed only. If we get a divorce,
am I entitled to 1/2 of the 55% of the station? What can I do to ensure I get my part? Is it true that after a couple got married, everything we purchased prior the marriage is entitled to both husband and wife?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? CA
I've been married for 2 years and have a 10-month old baby. My husband bought a gas station before we got married. 55% of the biz is entitled to him on the paper. I bought a house before we got married. My name is on the deed only. If we get a divorce,
am I entitled to 1/2 of the 55% of the station? What can I do to ensure I get my part? Is it true that after a couple got married, everything we purchased prior the marriage is entitled to both husband and wife?
Both of those assets are premarital assets, therefore the maximum that either of you would be entitled to receive would be 1/2 of any equity that accrued during the marriage. Since the marriage is only two years old, that's not going to be alot of equity in either asset.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">