• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not sure what to do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

skeithley

What is the name of your state? Missouri
I have been married for 5 years now. Of that 5 years my husband has been in prision 2 years of it and living with his girlfriend the last year of it. I want a divorce but dont have the money. I was wondering how I could file but make him pay for the divorce? I heard that he might be a daddy again with this woman. He already has two kids with her. She is also married. I want out of this marriage as soon as possible because his hospital bills while we were together are adding up and they are coming after me to pay them. I cant pay his bills and mine. I just dont know what do to? HELP

CJane

You may have no choice about the medical bills, they'll be considered marital debt... you can have him made responsible in the divorce, but if he doesn't pay them, they'll still come after you.

Are there children involved?

What county are you in? Filing fees are usually not all that much in the grand scheme of things... you don't need an attorney, especially if it's uncontested. The attorney that handled my divorce handles uncontested childless divorces for a flat rate of $800.

Charleslegal

Contact bay-area-family-law.com

I quite agree with Jane - unfortunately, there's nothing you can about the medical bills as they will be considered as marital debts (expenses incurred when you were together).

By the look of it, now you have two issues attached to your case;

First, you have not enough money to go for a divorce (assuming contested litigation)

Second, you have been haunted by the medical bills.

Well, as per my experience, I would strongly suggest you should contact BAFL people. They will tell you about the best course of action under the present situation. This is because BAFL people have substantial experience in handling both contested and uncontested divorces and they will tell you if your case requires litigation or not.

Should you need litigation, they will tell you how to minimize the cost thereof.

Moreover, as Jane says, you need to talk to the BAFL people if there is any to bring your husband to share the medical bills.

Log on to http://www.bay-area-family-law.com

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I quite agree with Jane - unfortunately, there's nothing you can about the medical bills as they will be considered as marital debts (expenses incurred when you were together).

By the look of it, now you have two issues attached to your case;

First, you have not enough money to go for a divorce (assuming contested litigation)

Second, you have been haunted by the medical bills.

Well, as per my experience, I would strongly suggest you should contact BAFL people. They will tell you about the best course of action under the present situation. This is because BAFL people have substantial experience in handling both contested and uncontested divorces and they will tell you if your case requires litigation or not.

Should you need litigation, they will tell you how to minimize the cost thereof.

Moreover, as Jane says, you need to talk to the BAFL people if there is any to bring your husband to share the medical bills.

Log on to http://www.bay-area-family-law.com
Advertising for a law firm is against the TOS. Remove all references to these people.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">