• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

not sure what to do really scared

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

purefreakness

What is the name of your state?south carolina, have been married for 17 years but husband walked on me 9 years ago. I was devastated had a son who is now 17, i didnt work and never drove a car a day in my life and still don't. Went through a depression but have now moved in with another man and have a baby by him and I am now able to afford a divorce though will be a struggle. Just need to know if i am intitled to anything that my husband has now or did i mess that up by getting into a relationship even if it was 6 years after he left me??? Just not sure whats what. thanks

djohnson

What is the difference between what you both had then and what you both have now? Did he support your child?

purefreakness

he still has everything, 2 cars and a esop from the company he worked for when we were together that he got alot of money from once he left me and i didnt get anything from him other than he has paid support for his son, he left me for a woman he met online of all places, just didnt know if by me being in a relationship now with someone else if that would damage my case for what i might have been intitled to.

djohnson

Abandonment will probably come into play. Because you have went this long, your chances are probably slimmer to get anything. If there is still stuff left that was joint (house, bonds etc...) then you may have something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">