• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Not sure where to start......

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gloria7769

Hi! I am hoping someone has a suggestion/advice for a starting point! I was married in 1991 in NY. I left my husband & moved to Florida in 2001. In 2002 I served him with divorce papers that he refused to sign. It is now 2009 & we are still legally married, however I don't know where he is, where he lives, works or if he's dead or alive. We had no joint assets, properties or children. I am assuming this should be a pretty simple and inexpensive divorce, I just don't know where to start. Do I need an attorney? Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Also, feel free to email responces to me at princessbabe7769 at yahoo. Thanking you in advance! :)

LdiJ

Hi! I am hoping someone has a suggestion/advice for a starting point! I was married in 1991 in NY. I left my husband & moved to Florida in 2001. In 2002 I served him with divorce papers that he refused to sign. It is now 2009 & we are still legally married, however I don't know where he is, where he lives, works or if he's dead or alive. We had no joint assets, properties or children. I am assuming this should be a pretty simple and inexpensive divorce, I just don't know where to start. Do I need an attorney? Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated. Also, feel free to email responces to me at princessbabe7769 at yahoo. Thanking you in advance! :)
If you had had an attorney in 2002, you would already be divorced, because you didn't need his signature to get divorced. Hire one now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">