• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice of adverse interest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

palmsprings

California - Spouse and I have been struggling through the dissolution process for close to three years. I, the petitioner, have disclosed all documents during mediation within a few months of moving out. It failed. I then disclosed all documents again during collaborative law attempts. Also failed. She initiated litigation and made a request for documents which I complied again. I have made several offers that have been ignored and finally the judge granted me a status dissolution that I had previously asked for. Now I have received another request for the same documents and others along with a notice of adverse interest in a bank account which has community money in there. I have left the money there until we could settle an agreement that details how the money is to be split. I have been paying 80% of the kid's expenses, all the tax payments, etc. from that account. I made sure to give her enough money from the account for three years of living and have been drawing on it for my living expenses when needed. My question is this - what does this notice mean? Is it a notice to the bank? and if so why is the address of the bank not on the proof of service that came with it?The notice says it was mailed to the persons below, yet I'm the only one?

I have no desire to prevent my ex from having her fair share, but I want to make sure all our joint expenses are accounted for first. She simply wants half then we can discuss expenses. Her history shows her to be dishonest and most likely will not fulfill her obligations once the money is in her possession.

Any knowledge would be appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">