• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice of Deficiency...HELP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LawIlliterate

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kentucky

I filed for divorce 2 months ago. After submitting the Final Decree to the judge, I recieved a Notice of Deficiency in the mail the next week stating it was disapproved for the following deficiencies:
1. Petition does not state whether maiden name is restored and does not state occupation of each party;
2. Jurisdictional proof not filed of record;
3. AOC 152 form not filed of record;
4. Final Decree not in proper form and does not state whether Respondents maiden name is restored;
5. Once the above deficiencies are corrected and filed, you will also need to file a Notice of Submission to inform the clerk that this matter is ready to be returned.

Number 2 is my fault, I forgot to have a Witness Affidavit included in the package. Number 3 is a form for child support from the Respondent to be "taken out of paychecks", however, she is not employed, so I'm not sure if this form is even necessary, since the majority of the questions are concerning her employment!

My biggest problem is this - I used an online source for all of my documents, DivorceSource.com, and everything on numbers 1 and 4 that the judge stated were "missing" were input into their software, but when all of my documents were printed out, those items were not in the paperwork! The maiden name choice was selected in their software, our occupations were input, and the Final Decree was in their form, so I just assumed it was correct! Now, I'm at a loss of what to do! I can NOT afford an attorney, don't know where to input this information into the documents, not sure if the format of the Final Decree is correct and just missing the maiden name selection, etc.

Any help that anyone can possibly provide would be so greatly appreciated!!

Thank you in advance!

mistoffolees

I filed for divorce 2 months ago. After submitting the Final Decree to the judge, I recieved a Notice of Deficiency in the mail the next week stating it was disapproved for the following deficiencies:
1. Petition does not state whether maiden name is restored and does not state occupation of each party;
4. Final Decree not in proper form and does not state whether Respondents maiden name is restored;
5. Once the above deficiencies are corrected and filed, you will also need to file a Notice of Submission to inform the clerk that this matter is ready to be returned.

Number 2 is my fault, I forgot to have a Witness Affidavit included in the package. Number 3 is a form for child support from the Respondent to be "taken out of paychecks", however, she is not employed, so I'm not sure if this form is even necessary, since the majority of the questions are concerning her employment!

My biggest problem is this - I used an online source for all of my documents, DivorceSource.com, and everything on numbers 1 and 4 that the judge stated were "missing" were input into their software, but when all of my documents were printed out, those items were not in the paperwork! The maiden name choice was selected in their software, our occupations were input, and the Final Decree was in their form, so I just assumed it was correct! Now, I'm at a loss of what to do! I can NOT afford an attorney, don't know where to input this information into the documents, not sure if the format of the Final Decree is correct and just missing the maiden name selection, etc.

Thank you in advance!
Then complain to whoever wrote the software. Meanwhile, correct the deficiencies and re-file.

LdiJ

Thank you in advance!
Take the forms that you have. Re-type them in the same format, inserting the items that you need to insert.

Silverplum

Step by step, all Googled:

http://courts.ky.gov/stateprograms/divorceeducation/

http://courts.ky.gov/howdoi/

http://courts.ky.gov/forms/default.htm

http://courts.ky.gov/forms/formslibrarybycategory.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">