• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice of Entry of Judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aeneyra

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Riverside County, California
As part of the Didision of Property Assests it was stipilated and agreed that the real property (house) was awarded to the wife. The Judgement also stipulated that the wife (respondent) shall refinance the home into her name alone within 180 days.

The wife will not be able to have the house refinanced due to a bad credit history. At this point what happens: do I need to reopen the case and request that the porperty be sold? and fi so do I need a lawyer? or can I doit myself?

Please advise.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Riverside County, California
As part of the Didision of Property Assests it was stipilated and agreed that the real property (house) was awarded to the wife. The Judgement also stipulated that the wife (respondent) shall refinance the home into her name alone within 180 days.

The wife will not be able to have the house refinanced due to a bad credit history. At this point what happens: do I need to reopen the case and request that the porperty be sold? and fi so do I need a lawyer? or can I doit myself?

Please advise.
Why did you stipulate and agree that she could have the house if you knew that she would be unable to refinance the house into her name alone?

I would recommend an attorney. You should never have made that agreement in the first place.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">