• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Notice of entry of judgement is the divorce final?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

questions2010

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I live in California and we did our divorce ourselves. I received the “Notice of entry of Judgment from the court stamped and dated with the clerk. Is the divorce final? I was told that I need a divorce decree to be final?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I live in California and we did our divorce ourselves. I received the “Notice of entry of Judgment from the court stamped and dated with the clerk. Is the divorce final? I was told that I need a divorce decree to be final?
You need a copy of the judgment that was entered.

mistoffolees

You need a copy of the judgment that was entered.
If the judgment has been entered and stamped, OP should be able to get a copy from the court. (There may be some delay in processing, but the court clerk can tell him/her when it should be available).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">