• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Now I Know More Details......

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Debbie Hagan

What is the name of your state? Texas
I posted a thread Friday in a state of panic. Please excuse me for that. I now know more about this insane issue now. My husband was served papers Satruday morning for being in "contempt of court" to a re-opened divorce case. His divorce from his ex is an ongoing event these days. She reopened the first decree in attempt to get more money. My husband and his ex-lunatic, have a minor child together which she abandoned and does not pay child support. The second decree was signed by a judge before my husband even got the preliminary agreement to review. His lawyer (no longer his attorney) let the papers go thru the system and get signed by a judge without approval from my husband. SO...my husband filed to re-open the case ONE MORE TIME! I know this is bizarre. I have never heard of such nonsense. Anyway, he was to pay his ex 2000.00 dollars according to the 2nd decree. Needless to say, he reopened the case and was informed by his ex-attorney that the 2nd decree was null and void. But, he got served with contempt of court papers anyway. Does anyone know if that can be done with the case re-opened at this point? We know that the papers were filed to re-open the case in time. We called the courthouse. We also called this morning to inquire about this issue and the lady in the county courts office was confused also. She told my husband to get in touch with his lawyer and let the lawyers "hash it out". It that all he can do at this point? Any input is appreciated.

Debbie Hagan

Mamatiger are you out there?

very short question: Can a person be in contempt of court to a divorce decree that was re-opened within the time frame to do so? thanx

B

Boxcarbill

Debbie Hagan said:
What is the name of your state? Texas
I posted a thread Friday in a state of panic. Please excuse me for that. I now know more about this insane issue now. My husband was served papers Satruday morning for being in "contempt of court" to a re-opened divorce case. His divorce from his ex is an ongoing event these days. She reopened the first decree in attempt to get more money. My husband and his ex-lunatic, have a minor child together which she abandoned and does not pay child support. The second decree was signed by a judge before my husband even got the preliminary agreement to review. His lawyer (no longer his attorney) let the papers go thru the system and get signed by a judge without approval from my husband. SO...my husband filed to re-open the case ONE MORE TIME! I know this is bizarre. I have never heard of such nonsense. Anyway, he was to pay his ex 2000.00 dollars according to the 2nd decree. Needless to say, he reopened the case and was informed by his ex-attorney that the 2nd decree was null and void. But, he got served with contempt of court papers anyway. Does anyone know if that can be done with the case re-opened at this point? We know that the papers were filed to re-open the case in time. We called the courthouse. We also called this morning to inquire about this issue and the lady in the county courts office was confused also. She told my husband to get in touch with his lawyer and let the lawyers "hash it out". It that all he can do at this point? Any input is appreciated.
In order to make any sense out of this post, I would need to know the title of the first order and the title of each following order along with the dates that each order was judicially signed or the date that the divorce was announced and rendered in open court. Without knowing whether it was an agreed decree of divorce or a judge rendered the decision after hearing evidence and the testimony of the parties together along with the dates of that each the order was judicially signed or the date that each judgement was rendered, I cannot tell you anything. I was also need to know the specific order and its date that is sought to be enforced by contempt. In other words be very specific.

Debbie Hagan

Refer to My Husbands Ex Is a Lunatic

Mr. Bill,
Thanx for all your free time on this issue. I just responded to your response to my maniac thread that made absolutely no damn sense. I needed to be put back in reality instead of having my head up, well you know what I'm talking about. Thanx again, Debbie Hagan

ellencee

Debbie H
I don't think BCB is going to find your clarified response very clarified. I've seen BCB give some darn good advice and instructions to people on this forum, going above and beyond what most of the attorneys have provided for free; and, you'd be wise to do exactly as he asked you to do.

Get the papers in front of you and tell him the title of each document, the dates, etc. just like he asked you to do, including the street name of each house.

Other than that, I think it would have been wise for your husband to have given his ex-wife the $2,000 when you took out a mortgage on the house on his behalf as a direct result of the court order.

EC

Debbie Hagan

for ellencee

I did give mr. bill all the info in the thread titled "my husbands ?x? is a lunatic". I guess that's what I get for posting two threads. How can I clarify that? I am positive he is a good attorney and I am positive he gives good advice. I am sure all of the professionals on here are very worthy of acknowlegement of their time and energy spent on issues concerning the ignorant among us. That is EXACTLY why I came to this web site. I need some help here and I did not know how to present my issue. Now that Mr. Bill made me aware, I have responded and given him the facts, dates and only the issue without the b.s. with it. The only thing I didn't include was addresses to the homes.

Last edited:

ellencee

Good heavens, lady! Take out the street numbers before some wacko reading this site comes a-knocking on your door!

I was still confused after reading your clarification on the other post, but that doesn't mean BCB was!

Thanks,
EC

Debbie Hagan

They are gone.

is that not what you asked me for? hell, i don't know when you guys are serious or not. just tell me info you want and i'll give it to you. i need some help here, not an a... chewing. ok. if i'm not welcome or just plain ignorant, tell me and i'll go away....thanks for your help?

ellencee

LOL! Bless your heart! You do have reason to have said what you said!

You could have used ficticious street names, like Main Street for house #1, and Back Street for house #2. He didn't really want your real address to be posted here.

I reread your second post, for the third time, and I was able to follow it. BCB is an attorney and he may zip through it once and understand it fully.

Please forgive me for tormenting you so! It was not my intention.
EC

Debbie Hagan

No Harm Done

Ms E,
No problem here on this end. Thanks for your advice and your help. I was just not prepared for the stand. LOL Mr. B did if fact respond with some interesting info that was never explain to us, which was JUST what we needed. Thanks again and have a nice day. DH

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">