• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

now or later

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nsavage1234

I live in florida.

I have recently found out that my husband is unfaithful. I am thinking about divorce but Im concerned about the following.

I am the breadwinner for the family. My husband has been in school for the last six years. He is due to graduate finally next may. We have two children. If we were to get divorced now would he not have to pay support because he does not work? Would it be better to wait until may when he has a job? What about alimony? Would i have to pay him because i supported him in the marriage?

We also own two houses. The deeds are in both names (law in fla) but the mortgages are only in mine. How will that work in a divorce?

Thanks.

Last edited:

nextwife

I live in florida.

I have recently found out that my husband is unfaithful. I am thinking about divorce but Im concerned about the following.

I am the breadwinner for the family. My husband has been in school for the last six years. He is due to graduate finally next may. We have two children. If we were to get divorced now would he not have to pay support because he does not work? Would it be better to wait until may when he has a job? What about alimony? Would i have to pay him because i supported him in the marriage?

We also own two houses. The deeds are in both names (law in fla) but the mortgages are only in mine. How will that work in a divorce?

Thanks.
If you are the breadwinner, you certainly won't be GRANTED alimony.

If he's able to earn a living, you can fight paying him SS, or fight to keep it very short term (how long was the marriage?).

The assets acquired during the marriage (other than gift or inheritance) and the debts will be split. RE owned by both would be split, although you would want the debt rfinanced off your name for whichever property he keeps.

Who was the primary caregiver?
They would be the one most likely granted custody. And whomever has primary custody is the one receiving CS, not automatically the parent with the uterus.

LdiJ

I live in florida.

Thanks.
It probably would be more sensible to wait until he graduates and gets a job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">