• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

now what?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sue734

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota
My husband and I have started divorce pocedings. He was out of the house but has since moved back in stating "It's my house". We have a 2 and a 3 yr old. He was having an affair and I just can't forgive that. So I filed. When he found out how much he would have to pay in child support and buying me out of the house, he refuses to settle. I do not work and have an attorney who now is requiring a retainer fee and an hourly cost. There is a year wait for legal aid. I wanted to get a part time job but he said that he would charge me rent and make me pay for daycare and the car payment. As it is he took me off our accounts (oh by the way I am a stay at home Mom, per both our decision) and I have to pay for every thing with my credit card and he pays the bill when I show him receipts of what I buy. I also get a $50.00 allowance. My question is how do I get a divorce? Is this form of entrappment a form of abuse? Do I dare move with the kids or will I be accused of abandonment? Help!!!

LdiJ

My husband and I have started divorce pocedings. He was out of the house but has since moved back in stating "It's my house". We have a 2 and a 3 yr old. He was having an affair and I just can't forgive that. So I filed. When he found out how much he would have to pay in child support and buying me out of the house, he refuses to settle. I do not work and have an attorney who now is requiring a retainer fee and an hourly cost. There is a year wait for legal aid. I wanted to get a part time job but he said that he would charge me rent and make me pay for daycare and the car payment. As it is he took me off our accounts (oh by the way I am a stay at home Mom, per both our decision) and I have to pay for every thing with my credit card and he pays the bill when I show him receipts of what I buy. I also get a $50.00 allowance. My question is how do I get a divorce? Is this form of entrappment a form of abuse? Do I dare move with the kids or will I be accused of abandonment? Help!!!
Hon, borrow the money from someone to get an attorney. You can pay them back out of your share of the house, once it sells.

Don't let him push you around.

You could move with the kids, that would NOT be abandonment. However, if you do, you need to be immediately filing for temporary custody, that same day, and you could not leave the area.

Bali Hai

My husband and I have started divorce pocedings. He was out of the house but has since moved back in stating "It's my house". We have a 2 and a 3 yr old. He was having an affair and I just can't forgive that. So I filed. When he found out how much he would have to pay in child support and buying me out of the house, he refuses to settle. I do not work and have an attorney who now is requiring a retainer fee and an hourly cost. There is a year wait for legal aid. I wanted to get a part time job but he said that he would charge me rent and make me pay for daycare and the car payment. As it is he took me off our accounts (oh by the way I am a stay at home Mom, per both our decision)

Well I'm certainly glad you remembered this important fact!:rolleyes:

and I have to pay for every thing with my credit card and he pays the bill when I show him receipts of what I buy. I also get a $50.00 allowance.

He gives you that much?

My question is how do I get a divorce? Is this form of entrappment a form of abuse? Do I dare move with the kids or will I be accused of abandonment? Help!!!
Tell the attorney that they will be paid when you take the stbx for all he's worth!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">