• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nunc Pro Tunc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tellme2

What is the name of your state? CA

Hi! I get a nunc pro tunc judgment. I married again not knowing that my divorce was not really done until an entry of judgment was filed. I remarried on July 2007 to later find out Feb 2008 that the former husband (knew this but I didn't) filed an entry of judgment in Oct 2007. I was told that a nunc pro tunc judgment count fix this but I have no idea how to do it. Please tell the steps to filing a motion or a petition to amend the judgment (heard these phrases) or provide me with the steps I need to take to get the nunc pro tunc. Need help fast! Thanks in advance!

seniorjudge

What is the name of your state? CA

Hi! I get a nunc pro tunc judgment. I married again not knowing that my divorce was not really done until an entry of judgment was filed. I remarried on July 2007 to later find out Feb 2008 that the former husband (knew this but I didn't) filed an entry of judgment in Oct 2007. I was told that a nunc pro tunc judgment count fix this but I have no idea how to do it. Please tell the steps to filing a motion or a petition to amend the judgment (heard these phrases) or provide me with the steps I need to take to get the nunc pro tunc. Need help fast! Thanks in advance!
We already answered this once.

Get a lawyer.

tellme2

Thank You

Thank you for taking the time to answer! I searched through the forum but did not notice that you had already answered this one (I'm guessing I am not the first to ask).

I appreciate you for taking the time to answer, however, perhaps your answer could have been phrased in a way that seemed helpful but not rude, irritated, fed up with is folks who didn't get it right the first time. If that was not your intention to seem rude (or other things I mentioned) then please accept my apology! This whole situation is tough enough !

Also, I contacted a lawyer who quoted me $1800 to represent me, a paralegal $400 ( another lawyer will appear for$300) but I am not sure they know what to do. The latter fees are doable at this point but the $1800 bucks that's a whole different thing(sob story...but true), so that is why I thought maybe I can do this if I just knew what to do! And I have some concern about paying the other people the money and they are not quite sure what to do either! I spoke to one lawyer who knew what to do but referred me to a paralegal (the one I am dealing with now) and would not even entertain letting me retain her services!

This site is helpful, so thank all of you who have been a part in creating and maintaining it to help us folks out!

tellme2

Do not come on here and demand how people answer you. The one who is rude was you.
Wow! I made a suggestion! I can't demand anything! I am not in a position to do that and even if I were I probably would not! What's up with the hostility? I offered a suggestion and even said if I misunderstood (we're typing) then I apologize! I don't get your hostility. This is the internet and a public forum for members, even new ones, even people who feel that something could be done in a better way. "Don't come on here"? Unbelievable!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">