• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NY Paying for Legal Fees - Advice Needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

usey158

NY

I'm in the middle of a Separation/Divorce right now. My wife has decided she no longer is happy being married and is willing to uproot our 6 yr old daughter so she can go find herself.

My question is what is the best way to pay the legal fees. I've paid the initial retainer from money i had saved on the side to take my wife to Italy. But that is more or less gone. Soon i will be facing additional expenses and i don't know what is the best way to pay these expenses. Should I look into a personal bank loan or Charge it to a Credit Card? I don't like the idea of asking other people to loan me money for something like this. Are there any consequences or benefits to one over another?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

SHORTY LONG

See if the Attorney will work with you on a payment plan. Though you need
the monies, not smart to go deep in debt for it. This is a very emotional time
for you. Please take one day at a time, and try and not to make any irrational
decisions that could further devastate you.

LdiJ

NY

I'm in the middle of a Separation/Divorce right now. My wife has decided she no longer is happy being married and is willing to uproot our 6 yr old daughter so she can go find herself.

My question is what is the best way to pay the legal fees. I've paid the initial retainer from money i had saved on the side to take my wife to Italy. But that is more or less gone. Soon i will be facing additional expenses and i don't know what is the best way to pay these expenses. Should I look into a personal bank loan or Charge it to a Credit Card? I don't like the idea of asking other people to loan me money for something like this. Are there any consequences or benefits to one over another?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
If you have already spent the money that you saved for a trip to Italy...then its possible that you have already spent more money on the case than you should have spent.

The best interest of your child is for you and mom to do your best to come to an agreement on how you will co-parent your child....and that will make a huge amount of difference in your overall legal costs.

If that is impossible..then I would recommend a personal loan over using credit cards.

Bali Hai

If you have already spent the money that you saved for a trip to Italy...then its possible that you have already spent more money on the case than you should have spent.
The best interest of your child is for you and mom to do your best to come to an agreement on how you will co-parent your child....and that will make a huge amount of difference in your overall legal costs.

If that is impossible..then I would recommend a personal loan over using credit cards.
What she is setting you up for is; "Wasteful Dissapation of Marital Assets".

DON'T FALL FOR IT!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">