• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ohio Pre-Marital Assetts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I*Alone

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I am the owner of my own house and car, and I am curious as to the following: If I get married, does the property remain mine, or does it become marital property? May I keep just my name on the titles/deeds? We do plan on having a prenuptial agreement due to this issue and the fact that he owns a business and property associated with that. Thank you for your response!

LdiJ

I*Alone said:

I am the owner of my own house and car, and I am curious as to the following: If I get married, does the property remain mine, or does it become marital property? May I keep just my name on the titles/deeds? We do plan on having a prenuptial agreement due to this issue and the fact that he owns a business and property associated with that. Thank you for your response!

A prenup is the proper way to resolve those issues.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

In your other thread you are already married:
Second situation is that each time my husband and I arrange for us to have son we are told no the time we get off work it too late (sometimes 9pm). Or ex will come banging on the door, I want him for a while then he takes child to my parents...or the days we have child ex will say no I have plans so you can't have him all day etc.
Quite frankly, you cannot do a prenup if already married.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">