• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Which one counts?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fedupwithher

GEORGIA

I filed my very easy divorce only married 2 years and only have a few things that I want that were mind before married.

The defendant filed her Answer and Counterclaim, the court sent me the time/date stamped copy.

3 weeks later now I get a new Answer and Counterclaim but this time from an attorney she hired. I called the attorney and he said he did not know that his client had done that.

So what now? Doesn't the first one count?

BL

GEORGIA

I filed my very easy divorce only married 2 years and only have a few things that I want that were mind before married.

The defendant filed her Answer and Counterclaim, the court sent me the time/date stamped copy.

3 weeks later now I get a new Answer and Counterclaim but this time from an attorney she hired. I called the attorney and he said he did not know that his client had done that.

So what now? Doesn't the first one count?
Check with the court clerk of the Court and reveiw the record ,to see if The defendant/Attorney filed an Answer and Counterclaim.

Check also to see if there is Attorney on record for this matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">