• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

This one is a little weird... but any advice welcome!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yz2574

After the 4th time I have caught my husband lying to me (running up huge sums on credit cards, not paying the bills and trying to hide it, seriously hurting my credit), I said I was going to divorce him and meant it. In order to save our marriage, my husband proposed a contract be made. If ever again he lies to me then I get everything. Full custody (the reason I have agreed to this, he said he would fight me otherwise) both cars, the house and all of the money. Now I have no intention of leaving him "high and dry", this was his suggestion, but I like the idea of having a legal paper which will guard my rights if this does happen again (which it is likely to).
What I am trying to avoid here is a messy divorce. If indeed our marriage falls apart, I would like it to be as friendly as is possible.
Can this sort of numputial agreement be made? How to make it legal?
Please advise. PS if it matters, I live in Utah : (

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">