• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Only want to file once, can't get a straight answer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kirby179

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My wife and I have been married since 6/27/04, and separate since 12/21/05. Our minor child has been adopted by her maternal great aunt (wife's aunt) since 04/08, but she (wife) has had another minor child with her current boyfriend as of 01/08. This child has his bio father listed on his birth certificate. We are both amicably seeking a divorce so that she can marry the bio father of her current minor child, and so that I can, well, not be married to her anymore.

1. In Florida, what dissolution of marriage form should I use, and why?

2. Is there any way to avoid unintended consequences such as a Title IV-D state-opened child support case seeing as I am initiating a legal procedure admitting what will appear to be a minor child arising from the marriage?

TinkerBelleLuvr

For the new baby to have the biological father on the BC means that she had to have LIED at the hospital.

Your divorce is NOT a DIY project. There is a child of the marriage.

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My wife and I have been married since 6/27/04, and separate since 12/21/05. Our minor child has been adopted by her maternal great aunt (wife's aunt) since 04/08, but she (wife) has had another minor child with her current boyfriend as of 01/08. This child has his bio father listed on his birth certificate. We are both amicably seeking a divorce so that she can marry the bio father of her current minor child, and so that I can, well, not be married to her anymore.

1. In Florida, what dissolution of marriage form should I use, and why?

2. Is there any way to avoid unintended consequences such as a Title IV-D state-opened child support case seeing as I am initiating a legal procedure admitting what will appear to be a minor child arising from the marriage?
I agree with Ginny, you really need an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">