• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Order of default. Child support counter claim

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HeatherKimberly

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland
First, I want to apologize the the length of my story and question. I was divorced in December 04. I had moved to Ohio in September 04 We mediated shared parenting, joint responsibility of a repossessed car,my ex would be responsible for medical insurance and half of medical bill over $100. We were both supposed to contact the attorney who was handling the car for the finance company. I did I had set up arrangement to pay. After a few months I was unable to keep up. When I contacted them again. To advise them of my situation. I asked them if my ex had contacted them. They told me no so I gave them all his information. They informed me that even though I am responsible for half. (Which is still on my credit report) that they were going to go after him because they only have jurisdiction in the stated of Maryland. Well he never responded to them, He was summonsed and served and he never showed up to court so they garnished his wages. Well He cried poor for 3 1/2 years and did not pay a dime to help his daughters. I told him and he agreed that I will not go for child support because he is paying for this car that we were both responsible for. Well, come to find out. The lien was satisfied as of December 07. ( I did some of my own investigating). Well he did not know I knew. So I asked when we could establish some type of support he told me he had 2 years yet to pay off that car. ( He did not know I knew the lien was cleared). So in February 08 I filed for child support through the state of Ohio. This was a interstate case. Well he got a lawyer ( Funny didn't even send the girls a birthday card because he was so broke) And he made a counter claim to my CS case about this car fiasco and travel expenses and 1 pair of glasses he bought my daughter .O and he wants me to pay for his lawyer. He said I owe him for the car etc etc. Well when the CS case went to trial the judge told him those were separate issues and will not be discussed in court. Only the CS was discussed I was awarded (Hooray) However, his lawyer filed an order of default for the rest of that junk. Well,I contacted the clerks office in Maryland and they told me that I can file a motion to dismiss order of default. Now I know how to set it up and who to send it to. What information for pleading my side do I include? I sent his lawyer and the Maryland States attorneys the requested information that was in his counter claim before the trial was set. I just want make sure I have to right info included in this document. I cannot afford a lawyer this second. I am trying to save but its tough. Any advice would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">