• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

OTC meds for daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

billyhappy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Iowa

Divorced 1yr, have D15, went back to court over OTC meds, OTC items not covered in divorce decree, Judge ruled OTC items are not covered so my portion that I would reimburse ex wife for ie copays, etc does not apply to OTC items.

She still insists items other than OTC meds I should still pay for, I told her if an Item she buys like a knee brace its not ordered by a licensed physician I am not bound to cover. If a licensed physician would order a knee brace for D then it would go through Health Ins and then I would certainly cover my portion of bill that Health Ins does not cover.

Am I off base with my thinking. Again OTC items are not addressed in the final divorce decree and when she took me back to court over me not paying for OTC items the Judge ruled OTC meds not reimbursable, I take that as if EX Wife goes and buys a knee brace at Walmart without a physician ordering it I am not responsible for reimbursing EX Wife my portion of bill.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">