• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out with Current Attorney/Considering New one.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gatorguy3

What is the name of your state? Florida.

In consideration of current Florida law, I filed for divorce in the previous county where my wife, my son and I lived together (Clay County) instead of filing in the county where she took my son after abducting him (Volusia County).

Because my wife filed for and was given Welfare services, the Department of Revenue has represented her and initiated a Child Support order six months after she left. So jurisdiction of child support is in Volusia County.

1) Since the divorce has been filed in Clay County can the CS be transferred there or is it fine being settled in Volusia?

2) I currently have an attorney out of Hillsborough County. Upon consideration of a new attorney, should I get one out of Clay County or Volusia?

Either way, if the Child support cannot be transferred to Clay county then it won't really matter. Or will it?

I am currently in a bad money situation and cannot afford to shell out money directly. Does anyone here know of any attorneys who are great who would be willing to consider other options, such as delayed payments?

I appreciate all comments.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">