• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of state divorce in FL needing help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cherry0125

:confused:Hello i live in Florida and was married in CT. I was married in 95 to an abusive man. I left not to long after. I was told by his family that he had been married before and ours was never legal. I tried before and never could get answers. I am getting married next year and I want to make sure its official and if not get it done. I need help, i have limited funds and not sure what to do here in Florida and i dont know if he still lives in CT? I was told about putting an add in the paper up there? Please help?

LdiJ

:confused:Hello i live in Florida and was married in CT. I was married in 95 to an abusive man. I left not to long after. I was told by his family that he had been married before and ours was never legal. I tried before and never could get answers. I am getting married next year and I want to make sure its official and if not get it done. I need help, i have limited funds and not sure what to do here in Florida and i dont know if he still lives in CT? I was told about putting an add in the paper up there? Please help?
Even if your marriage was voidable because he was still married to someone else, you still need to get a divorce. If you do not know where he is to serve him you can do so by publication, but its really not a DIY project, you really need an attorney. Luckily, it really shouldn't be very expensive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">