• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Out of State Vacation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lucke13

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

I recently filed for divorce and want to take the children out of state for a vacation. The initial divorce filing states that myself and my spouse are restrained from "removing the minor child or children of the parties, if any, from the state without the prior written consent of the other party or an order of the court."

Is an email giving me consent sufficient for me to legally be able to take them out of state, or do I need a signed and notarized statement from my ex?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

I recently filed for divorce and want to take the children out of state for a vacation. The initial divorce filing states that myself and my spouse are restrained from "removing the minor child or children of the parties, if any, from the state without the prior written consent of the other party or an order of the court."

Is an email giving me consent sufficient for me to legally be able to take them out of state, or do I need a signed and notarized statement from my ex?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
How amicable is the divorce?

Bali Hai

Leave nothing to chance, get a written statement signed by stbx and the Pope if necessary.

Lucke13

Thanks!

Thank you for your responses. I asked for a notarized statement granting me permission...now fingers crossed that he sends it! :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">