• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

overseas wife wants a divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rgrregt

What is the name of your state?GA
As with many military personell, I am overseas and my wife wants a divorce. She is insistant on getting it done now and not waiting till I return. I know she cannot do it without my approval but she is draining joint accounts, selling property, and other things to "force" me to sign the papers. 1) can she get away with that? 2) can she make me share some of the debt of her college loans? 3) If she has a good paying job, can she get allimony? 4) Am I liable for credit card debt in her name only? 5)if we make a list of property to be split and because I am over here, overlook something that I wanted and it isn't on the list can she take it or just what is agreed to her on the list?
thank-you in advance :confused:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">