• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paperwork Needed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dawn60

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA-I filed my paperwork with the courts on July 28th, 2008. I am doing this myself. I had my husband served with his papers on October 30th from a process server. The papers he signed has been filed with the courts. I've checked with the courts and was told I needed to file the final decree? I thought that was done with the courts. This is a noncontested no fault divorce. What other papers do I need to file with the courts to get this finalized? I want to get this done and over with. What is a deposition? Will that still need to be done? Everything else is done as far as I know of. Also, I don't have an address on my ex, had to serve him when he went into court. My email address is [email protected]

Thank you

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA-I filed my paperwork with the courts on July 28th, 2008. I am doing this myself. I had my husband served with his papers on October 30th from a process server. The papers he signed has been filed with the courts. I've checked with the courts and was told I needed to file the final decree? I thought that was done with the courts. This is a noncontested no fault divorce. What other papers do I need to file with the courts to get this finalized? I want to get this done and over with. What is a deposition? Will that still need to be done? Everything else is done as far as I know of. Also, I don't have an address on my ex, had to serve him when he went into court. My email address is [email protected]

Thank you
You need an attorney quite frankly. You need to write a decree or have a decree prepared that spells out what happens to everyting in the final divorce as well as determines that this court has final jurisdiction and if there are children what happens to the children.
AND we do not respond to email.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">