• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paperwork To Start

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

UsJustlooking

I currently reside in Las Vegas, NV. I am looking to move myself and my 3 children out of the state. I need to know what kind of paperwork I need to start the divorce proceedings that will allow me to retain full custody of my children.

majomom1

I currently reside in Las Vegas, NV. I am looking to move myself and my 3 children out of the state. I need to know what kind of paperwork I need to start the divorce proceedings that will allow me to retain full custody of my children.
Not gonna happen. You can file for divorce, which can be a long process, but it is doubtful that you will get full custody or be allowed to move the children out of state without the other parent's consent.

LdiJ

Not gonna happen. You can file for divorce, which can be a long process, but it is doubtful that you will get full custody or be allowed to move the children out of state without the other parent's consent.
That's probably a tad too forceful as a statement. She hasn't given any background info so we can't be certain that its not going to happen. I agree that its not likely in most possible scenarios, but without background info, it better not to be quite that forceful.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You would need to win full custody as you do NOT have full custody now and they are NOT just your children if they are issue of the marriage. Start learning to use words such as "our".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">