• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

parenting class

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

markwhitney22

Nevada

My wife signed a joint petition, but went to jail before she completed the parenting class, but I did. Can I still get the divorce? We both live in Nevada.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Nevada

My wife signed a joint petition, but went to jail before she completed the parenting class, but I did. Can I still get the divorce? We both live in Nevada.
MOst likely you will have to sue her for divorce on your own petition because she won't be able to attend the divorce hearing, now will she? Where are the children now? What does the joint petition state regarding custody/visitation?

markwhitney22

MOst likely you will have to sue her for divorce on your own petition because she won't be able to attend the divorce hearing, now will she? Where are the children now? What does the joint petition state regarding custody/visitation?
I'm new at this, so please excuse my ignorance... I wasn't aware that we would have to attend a hearing since we both agreed on everything. I have my son right now full time. We just moved and he started attending a new school. He is very happy here, and I was hoping to get the divorce completed right away. She will only be in jail where she is until October, and then will be transferred to another town where she has another case. More charges are likely to be filed though, so I guess my best bet is to file on my own. Thank you very much for your advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">