• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Parenting Classes Required????? for divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

onlyonesara

My husband and I have are trying to get a divorce. I live in Spokane county WA and he lives in Okanogan County WA....we have agreed to everything including custody and property division. There are no arguements, all the papers have been signed by both of us. I just want this overwith. NOW, he is being told that it is required by law, for both of us to take parenting classes before our divorce can be finalized, (family court facilitator) is this true??? I can not find any refernce to this "LAW" anywhere. Should i get an attorney?

G

Grandma B

Could be . . .

Nebraska has such a law, and they require a parenting plan as well. Anything for the benefit of the children is good.

T

tothemoon

parenting classes are a good thing

as of last fall, the state of oregon also requires that each parent take parenting classes. i attended the classes and they were, to my disbelief, incredibly helpful and informative in showing me how to positively deal with my child through and after the divorce as well as how to deal with my ex who, through the process of the divorce was pretty cooperative but, has not been so since the divorce has been final.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">