• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Partial Judgement, Final Judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Truthfully he should get an attorney to review BOTH documents in their entirety as there may be other clauses that impact this. I am not saying you folks are wrong but just that I don't believe he is copying things in their entirety. Courts do not use ellipses in orders.

I copied what pertained specificaly to the property orders as close as it was written in judgement.
Is the final judgement a stand alone document or is it sometimes considered only an addition to the partial. ??

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I copied what pertained specificaly to the property orders as close as it was written in judgement.
Is the final judgement a stand alone document or is it sometimes considered only an addition to the partial. ??
It is sometimes considered only an addition to the partial.

so with all of that considered, if I am responsible to keep it from foreclosure and can't sell it or keep up payments, would a deed in lieu or turn it back be acceptable alternative to foreclosure?
what possible charge could come from contempt?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
so with all of that considered, if I am responsible to keep it from foreclosure and can't sell it or keep up payments, would a deed in lieu or turn it back be acceptable alternative to foreclosure?
what possible charge could come from contempt?
Does your ex agree to a deed in lieu? If not then it would NOT be acceptable if you are facing contempt. Again, i repeat -- take BOTH documents to an attorney who can read BOTH in their entirety and then advise you.

so what could be the consequence of being charged with contempt? Just curious how extreme it could be.
But in this case if I was unable to get it sold and it happened to foreclose.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
so what could be the consequence of being charged with contempt? Just curious how extreme it could be.
But in this case if I was unable to get it sold and it happened to foreclose.
Sanctions, a financial judgment against you, possibly jail time. one more time -- take the documents to an attorney and find out if you are still responsible.

Okay. I will give it my best shot to get reviewed.
It sounds like with all of the bills I have for legal fees, spousal support, cobra and other insurances I realy have nothing left to live on let alone pay the mortgage so i guess the answer seems to just put me in prison.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">