• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paternity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nessa02

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

I am currently seperated from my husband and filed child support for our son. Yesterday was court and he hired a lawyer and filed for divorce which sucumbs my child support order. In his divorce papers he is asking for a paternity test, which is fine. Here is the crazy part he signed the birth certificate and we were married at the time. I thought paternity was automatically established. Can someone please clear this up for me. Thank you

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Wisconsin

I am currently seperated from my husband and filed child support for our son. Yesterday was court and he hired a lawyer and filed for divorce which sucumbs my child support order. In his divorce papers he is asking for a paternity test, which is fine. Here is the crazy part he signed the birth certificate and we were married at the time. I thought paternity was automatically established. Can someone please clear this up for me. Thank you
It was HOWEVER apparently there is a reason why he thinks he may not be daddy. Is he the biological father? Or were you with someone else around that time?

Nessa02

No i was not with anyone else we were together, he cut our sons umbilical cord. We were together 2 years after the child was born and never any question. This is his stall tactic to not pay child support.

mistoffolees

No i was not with anyone else we were together, he cut our sons umbilical cord. We were together 2 years after the child was born and never any question. This is his stall tactic to not pay child support.
File immediately with the court for temporary support. You'll lose a little time, but probably not that much.

Isis1

then all it is is a stall. you should have nothing to worry about. asking for a paternity test never makes the child support go away. it only makes him look like an arse for contesting it now and not at the time of the birth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">