• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PATERNITY FRAUD-CAN MY 7y.o. DAUGHTER SET ASIDE A DIVORCE THAT SHE IS NAMED IN????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pianohunt

nevada-ohio

hello,
i am a victim of paternity fraud and also the biological father of a 7 y.o. daughter who is also victimized by this. i live in ohio. the biological mother married another man naming him the father on my daughters birth certificate. while trying to establish paternity, unknown to me, the birth mother got divorced naming my daughter as a product of that marriage. my daughter knows that i am her biological father and we have a very close bond. i have not seen her in over 7 months. the mother made false allegations of sexual abuse here in cleveland and got me thrown in jail with a t.r.o. --that was dismissed and i was fully cleared. the mother fled to nevada and got the divorce, while i had the t.r.o. still in effect. after learning of the divorce in nevada, i filed a motion to set aside that portion of the divorce naming my daughter as a product of their marriage. f.y.i.-both parties who got the divorce knowingly and willingly committed perjury in the divorce papers saying they both knew of no other party who claims to have any custody or visitation, etc.. while here in cleveland she says in a police report that i claim to be the father of my daughter. so... the judge in nevada denied my motion and said i was not a party to that action. after the mother heard of me trying to set aside the divorce, she is making false allegations again trying to get another t.r.o.-she knows i am trying to establish paternity and she is trying to throw up as many road blocks as possible. now for the million dollar question, can i retain a lawyer on behalf of my daughter and have her,a minor, represented by counsel, make a motion to set aside that portion of the divorce? can my daughter make a motion to establish paternity through dna???? PLEASE HELP!!

B

Boxcarbill

So I take it from your response to another poster that in the seven years prior to the mother filing for divorce, you never bothered to establish paternity at a cost of a couple of hundred dollars. Let me also guess that during this seven years you were not paying child support and the husband was supporting the child. So would it be a fair statement to say that since the husband didn't deny paternity even though he would be facing child support for the 13 years that he has held himself as the father of the child all these years. You will not be the first biological father who has had another man adjudicated as the legal father.

A seven year old cannot sue or be sued in their own name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">