• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pennsylvania, life insurance beneficiary

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

moburkes

And what if it was purchased BEFORE the marriage?
I was waiting on someone to answer that question. OP has provided a really good example of why, if you depend on your spouse's income, then YOU purchase the life insurance on the spouse. Spouse can be a real smartass and simply stop paying for the policy (the individual one). There would be nothing OP could do about it.

And, won't OP get social security benefits for the children?

nextwife

I was waiting on someone to answer that question. OP has provided a really good example of why, if you depend on your spouse's income, then YOU purchase the life insurance on the spouse. Spouse can be a real smartass and simply stop paying for the policy (the individual one). There would be nothing OP could do about it.

And, won't OP get social security benefits for the children?
This is EXACTLY what I always advocate. I own two policies on hubby (three if you count the small one I get through work) and two AD&D, one through work. I need not ever worry about beneficiary changes or payment lapses, as I control all of that.

So if he ever, heaven forbid, gets sick and paranoid like both his dad and my dad did in their respective illnesses, he can't inadvertently change the beneficiary

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">