• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

damond61

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas, i have been married for about 9 years and plan on divorcing and would like to no if my wife is going to get any of my pension or social security, she is still working and i plan on giving her everything, she new i was retired when i moved down from mich. like i said i do not plan on taking anything from here.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas, i have been married for about 9 years and plan on divorcing and would like to no if my wife is going to get any of my pension or social security, she is still working and i plan on giving her everything, she new i was retired when i moved down from mich. like i said i do not plan on taking anything from here.
She wouldn't be entitled to any of your Social Security, and if you were already retired when you married her then she wouldn't be entitled to any of your pension.

However you cannot completely rule out being ordered to pay some spousal support, depending on the overall situation. However that wouldn't be an issue if her income is greater than yours.

nextwife

WHY are you "giving her everything"? Because she's built with a uterus and you are not? You have any equal right to marital assets/ and equal responsibility for any marital debts..

LdiJ

WHY are you "giving her everything"? Because she's built with a uterus and you are not? You have any equal right to marital assets/ and equal responsibility for any marital debts..
I get the impression that he is not talking about any significant assets, more like the furniture etc. I could be wrong, but that's simply my impression.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">