• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pension and ss question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Fmfred425

Getting divorced in NY and I have a disability pension and collect SS for same. What is she entitled to?
I am a disablied fireman on a 3/4 accidental disability pension and collect Disability SS also. I will never return to work. My wife wants a divorce and I would like to know what she is entitled to of these items. She is a Lic. hair cutter and works

LdiJ

Getting divorced in NY and I have a disability pension and collect SS for same. What is she entitled to?
I am a disablied fireman on a 3/4 accidental disability pension and collect Disability SS also. I will never return to work. My wife wants a divorce and I would like to know what she is entitled to of these items. She is a Lic. hair cutter and works
The answer is the same as when you posted this question the first time.

You have a very long term marriage (almost 30 years). If your income is significantly more than her income, you may have to pay some alimony/spousal support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">