• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

personal property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lm90210

this is for the state of Arizona. When my wife and I seperated we owned two cars. these cars were in both of our names and we each took one and we were each making our own payments. I traded mine in and got a new one while she kept hers, well somewhere down the line she stopped making the payments and the finance company could no longer get a hold of her, One day when I showed up to work she had dropped the title and the keys along with the car off. The car is completely trashed and she had been in an accident with it recently leaving me unable to sell it and satisfy the loan amount. she had let the insurance lapse so i can't make a claim for the repairs. she moved out of state and i will send the divorce payments there but am i still responsible for the car even though she took it when we seperated? we are both on the loan and we never filed for legal seperation. what are my recourses. i can't afford the second car payment. Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C

curtisd

if it were me i'd tell the ex you appreciate her leaving you the car to get rid of and as soon as you did you'd mail her her alimony check

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">