• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Petitioner will not agree or sign any documents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dusty35

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
This case is taking place in Hemet, California. The petitioner will not agree to anything. She has lied in court. She was told in court that she was to get no spousal support and she had to pay $93.00 a month in child support. This has been going on for 3 years. There is no property or assets, custody of our child is not an issue he is to remain in Kansas with me the father, court ordered, due to the fact that she has been in drug rehab twice in the last year and a half and tried to commit suicide last february. She has said that she will never let this get done until she receives money from me on a monthly basis. Since my child has medical bills on a monthly basis in the amount of 600-800 per month and she does not help financially at all with him. I cannot afford to pay her anything. This needs to be finished and I have no idea how to get it done and I cannot afford an attorney. Please give me advice.

Last edited:

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
This case is taking place in Hemet, California. The petitioner will not agree to anything. She has lied in court. She was told in court that she was to get no spousal support and she had to pay $93.00 a month in child support. This has been going on for 3 years. There is no property or assets, custody of our child is not an issue he is to remain in Kansas with me the father, court ordered, due to the fact that she has been in drug rehab twice in the last year and a half and tried to commit suicide last february. She has said that she will never let this get done until she receives money from me on a monthly basis. Since my child has medical bills on a monthly basis in the amount of 600-800 per month and she does not help financially at all with him. I cannot afford to pay her anything. This needs to be finished and I have no idea how to get it done and I cannot afford an attorney. Please give me advice.
Once again......

The other party has no obligation to make your life easier - or to do anything at all until ordered by the court.

That leaves you with a choice. You can let it go on indefinitely as it is, or you can file with the court to have it settled. Given the questions you're asking, you don't want to do that on your own - you need an attorney. If you really can't afford an attorney, then contact legal aid. If you don't qualify for legal aid, then you can afford an attorney - it will require some sacrifices.

Silverplum

How does he apply to courts to have his divorce settled? I have a friend going through a similar situation.
This is a thread about CA family law, and it belongs to someone else. We don't encourage hijacking here.

You appear to be located in OK. That's an entirely different cookie than CA.

Have your friend start his/her own thread. It's very difficult to deal with 3rd parties -- so have your friend come here and discuss his/her own business.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">