• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

phone records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

garrett

What is the name of your state? New York
What phone records may be retrieved through the courts ? I'm assuming time and date as well as the number called. What about text messages? Can the actual text message be retrieved by subpoena or just the time/date stamp? I've heard different things that some phone companies only keep messages for 30 days and then delete them.

seniorjudge

Q: What phone records may be retrieved through the courts ?

A: All those that are allowed by subpoena.

Q: I'm assuming time and date as well as the number called. What about text messages? Can the actual text message be retrieved by subpoena or just the time/date stamp? I've heard different things that some phone companies only keep messages for 30 days and then delete them.

A: Do you really think the phone company keeps the billions of text messages that are exchanged daily?

garrett

- if I knew the answer I would not have asked the question. I'm pretty good about things like that. But thank you for your response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">