• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

planning on a divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ron_1

What is the name of your state? ga i am planning to divorce.she has two kids.i have not adopted. iam concerned about how the debts will be paid. the debts are 6 credit cards, which are consolidatedm, 3 are hers and 3 are mine;and,a 27k loan for a car in my name, which she drives. there are several other 3k loans in my name. i don't want to leave anybody in the cold but i want to protect myself. all I would expect of her is to pay for the car and her credit cards. what do i need to do to make the transition smoother without causing problems????

VeronicaGia

You need to go find a very good family law attorney and get this worked out. Bring copies of all assets and liabilities. Try to come up with something that is fair to both of you and then file for divorce.

However, so that you know, since the car is in your name, even if a judge tells her she has to pay for it, she could get away without paying for it and you will be stuck with that bill. But since the judge ordered that she can take the car.....think self-protection.

R

ron_1

thanks

thank you very much for your info.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">