• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please give me some advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

angel_alex012

What is the name of your state? california
i would just like to ask for an advice what to do with my situation... i came here last december 8, 2006,,,, got married march 2, 2007,,, to make everything a little bit short my problem with our marriage is, his hurting me emotionally, his calling me names comparing me to a dog, telling me that his house is his not ours that i cannot tell him what to do, if we will go do groceries he will always be mad of what i will get for our food, ofcourse im the one cooking so im the one who knows what is needed, one time i went to chruch even in going church he calls me even im still inside the church ask me if im still there, why im so long there... his treating me like a maid not a wife... his ex-wife is already died for almost 4 yrs now but in our house here you can still see her pictures anywhere and her ashes, well thats a disrespect for me as a new wife, right? i have 1 kid who's age is 6, his my son in my first marriage in my country, i cannot take the treatment anymore, what can i do? im just a permanent resident and it will expire JULY 2009, can i still continue my staying here in USA? he didnt adopt my kid, so what will happen with it also? and if i will file a divorce how can i do it, if i dont have any money because im not working yet... ? can i have a lawyer for free here in california? can i go somewhere a place for people like me here? what should i do? where would i go? would my and my son's residence affected? what are we gonna do to stay here in USA? i just want a life for my son also... i hope you can help me... pls i need your advice... pls help me...

thank you more power,
angel

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? california
i would just like to ask for an advice what to do with my situation... i came here last december 8, 2006,,,, got married march 2, 2007,,, to make everything a little bit short my problem with our marriage is, his hurting me emotionally, his calling me names comparing me to a dog, telling me that his house is his not ours that i cannot tell him what to do, if we will go do groceries he will always be mad of what i will get for our food, ofcourse im the one cooking so im the one who knows what is needed, one time i went to chruch even in going church he calls me even im still inside the church ask me if im still there, why im so long there... his treating me like a maid not a wife... his ex-wife is already died for almost 4 yrs now but in our house here you can still see her pictures anywhere and her ashes, well thats a disrespect for me as a new wife, right? i have 1 kid who's age is 6, his my son in my first marriage in my country, i cannot take the treatment anymore, what can i do? im just a permanent resident and it will expire JULY 2009, can i still continue my staying here in USA? he didnt adopt my kid, so what will happen with it also? and if i will file a divorce how can i do it, if i dont have any money because im not working yet... ? can i have a lawyer for free here in california? can i go somewhere a place for people like me here? what should i do? where would i go? would my and my son's residence affected? what are we gonna do to stay here in USA? i just want a life for my son also... i hope you can help me... pls i need your advice... pls help me...

thank you more power,
angel
You really need to post your questions regarding your permanent residency status on an immigration forum, there is one here.

The best advice that I can give you, as far as any possible divorce is concerned, is to get a job, any job, and save some money so that you are not destitute when you divorce. You have been married such a short amount of time, that you will not qualify for alimony, and you likely won't receive much in the way of a property settlement.

Bali Hai

You really need to post your questions regarding your permanent residency status on an immigration forum, there is one here.

The best advice that I can give you, as far as any possible divorce is concerned, is to get a job, any job, and save some money so that you are not destitute when you divorce. You have been married such a short amount of time, that you will not qualify for alimony, and you likely won't receive much in the way of a property settlement.
However, the nut case who sponsored her and her child is on the hook to the US government for her support.

I'm sure the jackass would like her to just disappear back to her own country so he isn't financially obligated, but that just ain't going to happen.

tuffbrk

This behavior did not start until after your marriage?! None of this can be proven in court so it is of little consequence. I encourage you to find a job.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">