• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Palexmyst

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I've resided in North Carolina since July 6, 2005, but I only have the bus ticket/receipt to show that I arrived on this date and my friends can provide letters stating that I have as well (my employment didn't start until Aug). Is that sufficient enough to prove 6 month residency and thus seek a divorce here? I don't want to wait until Febuary.

Tiffany

[email protected]

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Palexmyst said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? North Carolina

I've resided in North Carolina since July 6, 2005, but I only have the bus ticket/receipt to show that I arrived on this date and my friends can provide letters stating that I have as well (my employment didn't start until Aug). Is that sufficient enough to prove 6 month residency and thus seek a divorce here? I don't want to wait until Febuary.

Tiffany

[email protected]

Residency requires more than just arriving in a state. it requires proving that you intend to reside there. When did you get a NC driver's license? Apartment? Enter into a rental agreement or tenancy with someone? Employment in August helps. But residency means more than just setting foot in a state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">