• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

olebenj

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

My wife and I are going through a divorce. We are not using lawyers.

I have filed forms FL-100, and FL-110 and served them to my wife. We have both come to an agreement on how we should split up our assets.
We do not have any children or property. Alimony will not be necessary.

If we write a stipulated judgement, and both sign it, will this be sufficient to finalize the divorce? or do we still need to fill out any other forms?
How does one write a stipulated judgement?? is it just a document specifying the terms with both signatures?? must it be notarized? Is there a place I can download an example?

Is there anything else I need? I really appreciate your help. Thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

My wife and I are going through a divorce. We are not using lawyers.

I have filed forms FL-100, and FL-110 and served them to my wife. We have both come to an agreement on how we should split up our assets.
We do not have any children or property. Alimony will not be necessary.

If we write a stipulated judgement, and both sign it, will this be sufficient to finalize the divorce? or do we still need to fill out any other forms?
How does one write a stipulated judgement?? is it just a document specifying the terms with both signatures?? must it be notarized? Is there a place I can download an example?

Is there anything else I need? I really appreciate your help. Thank youWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Your county will have a courthouse that has a family law facilitator's office or a self help center. Those are great resources to help you file the correct paperwork. True, its not as convenient as finding something on the net, but its a better way to make sure that you are filing the correct paperwork.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">