• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pleasehelp333

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

My husband told me he wants a divorce, but hasn't filed yet. He continues to live in my house (that I owned before we were married) but refuses to give me money for basic everyday needs such as formula, diapers, groceries, etc for my 7 month old daughter & myself. My daughter was born with a birth defect & has special needs, has already had one surgery and is having another one in 2 months so I have been unable to work and my husband has been our sole provider. He has taken all his money & moved it to an account in his mothers name & won't move out because he doesn't want to be labled an "abandoner" in the courts eyes but isnt supporting his child. I have no money & no family & am unsure of what I can do until we get to actual court to make him support his child. Is there anything I can legally do to give me $ for food and such or make him leave?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

My husband told me he wants a divorce, but hasn't filed yet. He continues to live in my house (that I owned before we were married) but refuses to give me money for basic everyday needs such as formula, diapers, groceries, etc for my 7 month old daughter & myself. My daughter was born with a birth defect & has special needs, has already had one surgery and is having another one in 2 months so I have been unable to work and my husband has been our sole provider. He has taken all his money & moved it to an account in his mothers name & won't move out because he doesn't want to be labled an "abandoner" in the courts eyes but isnt supporting his child. I have no money & no family & am unsure of what I can do until we get to actual court to make him support his child. Is there anything I can legally do to give me $ for food and such or make him leave?
File for divorce and ask for an emergency hearing to set temporary support.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">