• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help asap!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jimmysprings

Me and my gf have currently been living together for about 3 years. we are not married, and the apartment we live in has no lease because its her fathers house and we both pay half for rent in cash. i currently want to leave because of her crazy ways and last time i tried to leave i started to take my stuff and she called the cops and when they came they said i couldnt take my own belongings unless she said it was ok. i found this ridiculous because 90 percent of the stuff is mine, well yes i moved back in thinking things would work but no. any info on what my legal rights are? can she kick me out , or stop me from taking my stuff?
hopefully my lesson will be learned soon. any help would be great, thank u so much!

LdiJ

Me and my gf have currently been living together for about 3 years. we are not married, and the apartment we live in has no lease because its her fathers house and we both pay half for rent in cash. i currently want to leave because of her crazy ways and last time i tried to leave i started to take my stuff and she called the cops and when they came they said i couldnt take my own belongings unless she said it was ok. i found this ridiculous because 90 percent of the stuff is mine, well yes i moved back in thinking things would work but no. any info on what my legal rights are? can she kick me out , or stop me from taking my stuff?
hopefully my lesson will be learned soon. any help would be great, thank u so much!
Move your stuff out while she is at work...and make sure that you take nothing that you cannot prove is yours. That will eliminate the entire problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">