• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help Ex husband won't

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lisaSchro

What is the name of your state? Iowa We had a storm here and it tore the screen door off and the metal door frame inside is now an inch from the wall making the wind blow thru. It is also snowing here. I live in the house and get to for another year.I pay the house bill but the house is in his name so is our house insurance. He refuses to do anything about this all he has to do is claim it on the insurance and split the deduct with me. He said I need to fix it or it will stay that way. Can he do this? Thank Lisa

LdiJ

lisaSchro said:
What is the name of your state? Iowa We had a storm here and it tore the screen door off and the metal door frame inside is now an inch from the wall making the wind blow thru. It is also snowing here. I live in the house and get to for another year.I pay the house bill but the house is in his name so is our house insurance. He refuses to do anything about this all he has to do is claim it on the insurance and split the deduct with me. He said I need to fix it or it will stay that way. Can he do this? Thank Lisa
Get yourself a hammer and hammer the frame back into place. That should solve your problem....and won't take you more than 5 minutes. In all reality you are probably responsible for ordinary maintenance while you are living in the home, and that kind of repair would probably cost less than the deductible to fix even if you hired someone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">