• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help....Fed up already...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

julie4796

What is the name of your state? Ohio
Ex and I divorced in Feb. He left here in May of last year and took only his clothes. He did return once to get some of his stuff and only took tools and such..
I am now moving and getting rid of things. I called him and asked him what he wanted. He claims after all this time he is taking me to court for half of the household stuff. Much of this I have already sold!!
The divorce papers say that the property is divided, "as the parties see fit." Well since he never said anything about wanting anything in the house, how the hell was I supposed to know that a year later he would want it?
Now he claims if I throw anything out I am in contempt of court... how can that be when I was never served with anything stating what he wants???
He likes to blow smoke and talk bigger then he is.. I am thinking that is what he is doing now.. but need to know what I can and cant get rid of.. I sure dont want to be moving this stuff and luggining it around if I dont have to.

Thanks....

Last edited:

stephenk

Did he say he already filed something with the court or that he is intending to file something with the court?

J

julie4796

He claims he is intending to file... perhaps he filed today. I dont know.. I checked the records on line and there is nothing filed...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">