• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please help.>>how do you get him to take the hint and leave?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Free-The-Raven

i am in california. been married for 10 years and finally got the full affect of how bad he's been mistreating our two kids. i was horrified. i want to get him to leave, but, most of the time he just laughs and says "bite me!" *sigh*

so my inquiry is:

if i get someone to serve him the papers. will that be enough, legally to get him out? i mean, since i am the one that is filing him, do you think that is all i need to get him legally kicked out?

please help.

thanks
raven

kat1963

Not 100% surel, but I don't think you can. You'll need an agreement or a court order. Filing only means you've filed...he still has to answer the motion and will probably request in his answer that you leave...without the kids as well. I'm sure other CA posters will let you know the details of your state.

You can always do what Paul Simon suggests:

You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

You need to seek the advice of a good family lawyer. Most have free or low cost consults and will be able to give you a better understanding of how the judges are likely to rule in your area. And they will be able to give you advice based on ALL the circumstances of your situation, ...how to get your ducks in a row ect.

Good Luck!

KAT

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Kat's right. He has every right to expect you to move out, as well, absent a court order or agreement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">