• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please, help me...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

danifodor

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
OHIO

Good afternoon.
I need your help, I am desperate and do not know where to go ...
American resident Romanian citizenship are married to a citizen with dual citizenship, I have Romanian citizenship American girl ... after frequent disagreements between us because of repeated scandals and his parents between us my husband left the house, a rented apartment and left me alone with the child who is deaf I did not work, have to pay rent in some days, I have in mind $ 2.66 and are desperate.
I asked him to let me go in Romania with the child without asking them anything, neither money nor goods, I just want to go home with my baby, and I did not give consent.
I do not want anything from him but to leave my country, I have no one here, I have friends that do not speak good English, I have no home, I have no friends Romans. ABSL'm desperate I do not know how to handle, I and type II diabetes and hypertension, my daughter is 5 years old ...
Could anybody give me some advice where to go and tell me what legal rights do I have my child at this time :((... thank you

OHRoadwarrior

If the child is a Romanian citizen and you have its passport, absent a court order to the contrary, you should be able to take it home. Dad can file in court and argue kidnapping, however, if the child is not a US citizen, the court is not likely to get excited. If the child is a US citizen, the chances of you taking it out of the country, with dad here are low. If you cannot pay your rent, I suggest you find a homeless shelter to stay in and get a job. It might be best if the child goes to dad, since he has a support network here and you do not.

single317dad

Perhaps the Romanian embassy can guide you to the proper channels to receive help.

http://washington.mae.ro/

I don't think that you will receive help directly there, but the hope is that they can guide you to the right people who can assist you in your own language for better understanding.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
OHIO

Good afternoon.
I need your help, I am desperate and do not know where to go ...
American resident Romanian citizenship are married to a citizen with dual citizenship, I have Romanian citizenship American girl ... after frequent disagreements between us because of repeated scandals and his parents between us my husband left the house, a rented apartment and left me alone with the child who is deaf I did not work, have to pay rent in some days, I have in mind $ 2.66 and are desperate.
I asked him to let me go in Romania with the child without asking them anything, neither money nor goods, I just want to go home with my baby, and I did not give consent.
I do not want anything from him but to leave my country, I have no one here, I have friends that do not speak good English, I have no home, I have no friends Romans. ABSL'm desperate I do not know how to handle, I and type II diabetes and hypertension, my daughter is 5 years old ...
Could anybody give me some advice where to go and tell me what legal rights do I have my child at this time :((... thank you
You share the exact same parental rights with your husband. You are the mother, he is the father. IF Dad objects, you will have a difficult time taking the child out of the USA.

Is there a church in your area that you and/or your Romanian friends attend? Churches are often helpful in desperate situations.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Perhaps the Romanian embassy can guide you to the proper channels to receive help.

http://washington.mae.ro/

I don't think that you will receive help directly there, but the hope is that they can guide you to the right people who can assist you in your own language for better understanding.
There is also a consular office in Cleveland: http://www.consulatohio.com/

danifodor

Thank you all...

Maybe I was desperated and I didn't tell about the main subjects of fight between me and my husband.
I am 46 he is 37. The main and the only subject of fight is his parents.
They didn't want me because I am older then him..they hate me if even we have 6 years of marriage...
They visited us t3 years ago because they live in Romania ..it was a visit for 6 month...they abuse me mentally , they always have argument if even I am quiet and humile....I cant support this situation and I tell my husband I cant agree to be abused by them only because he is my husband...what is sad is they have his support; he think is it normal to be like that but I am scared and terrified because they want to come over here again....they ony want to separate us and keep their son and my daughter.
For them I am not a person for their family because I am Romanian and they are Hungarian and Romanian too.
Im am really terrified and I only know if I could obtain restraining order for me and my child.
I don't want them around me and my child if even they have the support of my husband.
Personally , between us there are no any problems and everything is perfect ONLY I agree that his parents controls his life and mine.
That is way I wanted to go back in my country ; I m feeling unsure, I don't have relative here to help me, nor friends. I don't go to Romanian church ...
I just want them to leave my marriage because my marriage are good if they will stay in Romania..Could I ask for help for that I any US law?
I understand I can take my baby in Romania if even she has dual citizenship but that doesn't means I have to live a terrified life for that...
Thank you again for your help..

danifodor

Maybe I was desperated and I didn't tell about the main subjects of fight between me and my husband.
I am 46 he is 37. The main and the only subject of fight is his parents.
They didn't want me because I am older then him..they hate me if even we have 6 years of marriage...
They visited us t3 years ago because they live in Romania ..it was a visit for 6 month...they abuse me mentally , they always have argument if even I am quiet and humile....I cant support this situation and I tell my husband I cant agree to be abused by them only because he is my husband...what is sad is they have his support; he think is it normal to be like that but I am scared and terrified because they want to come over here again....they ony want to separate us and keep their son and my daughter.
For them I am not a person for their family because I am Romanian and they are Hungarian and Romanian too.
Im am really terrified and I only know if I could obtain restraining order for me and my child.
I don't want them around me and my child if even they have the support of my husband.
Personally , between us there are no any problems and everything is perfect ONLY I agree that his parents controls his life and mine.
That is way I wanted to go back in my country ; I m feeling unsure, I don't have relative here to help me, nor friends. I don't go to Romanian church ...
I just want them to leave my marriage because my marriage are good if they will stay in Romania..Could I ask for help for that I any US law?
I understand I can take my baby in Romania if even she has dual citizenship but that doesn't means I have to live a terrified life for that...
Thank you again for your help..
and more..I asked him in this morning if he agree if I will gi in Romania without our daughter and he was ok with that...his look was clear and told me" it is ok..I can give her to the day care".....I was totally shocked and I am still shoked...I am sure they want me to leave anything and they have all, includinh my daughter.
Of course, I will not leave my child with them and I will fight as I can to keep those devil people in Romania...

danifodor

Oh please! I call troll.;)
I have no control of anybody..I just want to have a control of my life.
I think is normal to have control of your life....I don't boder anybody and I don't want to be persecuted if only I am older than my husband.
I don't see anything normal for any person out of my marriage to try to control my life.
That is way I ask for help because if they try to come back this summer the things will go wrong..very wrong

single317dad

Oh please! I call troll.;)
I actually get the feeling this one's for real. I know a lot of people from the Middle East, Eastern Europe, Southeast Asia, and South America. The family and social structures there are completely different than here, and are rooted in thousands of years of tradition and hatred for their neighbors. Every Colombian and Guatemalan I ever met despised Mexicans. Czechs, Polish, Hungarians, and Romanians all seemed to dislike each other, no one liked the the Bosnians or the Serbians, and I was strongly chastised for even bringing up Yugoslavia. Turks hated Arabs; I didn't even understand their differences, I just knew never to bring up anything Arabian around the Turks. And God forbid you mistake a Vietnamese or Korean as Chinese of Japanese. Sheesh. The US haven't existed long enough for us to to truly hate each other yet :)

Then again, she could be a troll. Only time will tell.

Just Blue

I actually get the feeling this one's for real. I know a lot of people from the Middle East, Eastern Europe, Southeast Asia, and South America. The family and social structures there are completely different than here, and are rooted in thousands of years of tradition and hatred for their neighbors. Every Colombian and Guatemalan I ever met despised Mexicans. Czechs, Polish, Hungarians, and Romanians all seemed to dislike each other, no one liked the the Bosnians or the Serbians, and I was strongly chastised for even bringing up Yugoslavia. Turks hated Arabs; I didn't even understand their differences, I just knew never to bring up anything Arabian around the Turks. And God forbid you mistake a Vietnamese or Korean as Chinese of Japanese. Sheesh. The US haven't existed long enough for us to to truly hate each other yet :)

Then again, she could be a troll. Only time will tell.
I am basing it on the curious mis-spellings and strange syntax.

LdiJ

That could be perfectly normal for someone for whom English is a second language, and they do not know English very well...particularly if they are emotional about something. It didn't come across any other way to me.

danifodor

I am so sorry for my bad English....I can understand what you say , I can write a little bit but I cant speak because we speak only Romanian in our house..please don't take it an offense because it is not.
Thank you for understanding...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">