• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please Help Me Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

stevenfrommo

I need some advise on what to do about my situation.i have
gave wife at this time cash to put in her checking account only in
her name so we could pay bills and have money for other things
she let me use her checking account to pay bills by phone &
use checks for other expenses.we have credit cards in her name &
my name along with just some in her name & some in just my name.i found out these credit cards are not being paid since
she wants to get a divorce from me.i do not recieve statements
or amounts due since they all except the ones in my name go to soon to be ex address.i have no proof of money i gave her since it was cash,she still had lots of my money in checking account
what can i do about this,should i pay off them bills of ours and mine using that account or would that be legal.i do not know what to do,please advise me to do what i can so i can save my credit before its too late.all bills are past due even hers so please
give me some insight on what can be done asap thank you

S

scumcoast

You are out of luck if you put your money in her account, I would not advise you do anything else with bills or money in or out of the account. As far as the bills the only ones that can hurt your credit are the ones your name is on. Keep your own money and pay your own bills to avoid her filing charges against you for getting into her account with out per. approval. And why would you keep putting money into an ex spouse account anyway. Contact the finance companies your have in both names and close the accounts and make payments yourself since you will be held responsible as much as she is. Ask them to bill you at your address also.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">