• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please help my friend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rachealsc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Fl

I have two questions.

My friend has been married for about 8 years now and she is not happy. Recently her husband has started drinking again and every time he gets drunk he puts her down and treats her like dirt but recently he told her he is going to buy a gun and kill her. She has 2 children with this man and his family will do anything to their power to make her life miserable. She is scared to get away from this guy because she's afraid if she leaves him they will try anything in their power to get the kids taken away from her. She's a wonderful mother ( even puts me to shame sometimes ) and she would just die if they took her kids. With the economy being the way it is she can't really afford a divorce is there any programs or something to help her out? Also, is there any way she can put a restraining order out on him? Because she is really scared no one has ever threatened her life before so she doesn't know what to do.

I tried giving her the best advice I could but I have never been married or divorced so I can't help her. I'm asking these questions for her because her husband is always checking on her and is always accusing her of cheating and he's very insecure and I want to help her as much as I can. Please help me help a friend. Thank You!!

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Fl

I have two questions.

My friend has been married for about 8 years now and she is not happy. Recently her husband has started drinking again and every time he gets drunk he puts her down and treats her like dirt but recently he told her he is going to buy a gun and kill her. She has 2 children with this man and his family will do anything to their power to make her life miserable. She is scared to get away from this guy because she's afraid if she leaves him they will try anything in their power to get the kids taken away from her. She's a wonderful mother ( even puts me to shame sometimes ) and she would just die if they took her kids. With the economy being the way it is she can't really afford a divorce is there any programs or something to help her out? Also, is there any way she can put a restraining order out on him? Because she is really scared no one has ever threatened her life before so she doesn't know what to do.

I tried giving her the best advice I could but I have never been married or divorced so I can't help her. I'm asking these questions for her because her husband is always checking on her and is always accusing her of cheating and he's very insecure and I want to help her as much as I can. Please help me help a friend. Thank You!!
You can help her go to the local domestic violence agency for help. If it is not listed in the phone book, check with your local court clerk's office or menatl health center. Either one will know how to contact the agency.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">