• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Please PLEASE HELP.. Evil sister just took Legal Gardianship over my kids

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iamrot

California...

For the last 5 years I have been in and out of the country for work so during that period my sister has helped take care of my 2 daughters at her house.. The children mom and I visit them when their schedules permit.. but frequently.

Recently I decided to take them back because my sister and I are fighting and she has turned my two daughters against me.

Now she has been granted temporary guardianship over them and there is a hearing in 3 weeks.

Doe's anyone have any advice ? I wanted to pull them out of school and have them come live with me.. the girls are in their teens and can make a decision of their own but I thought it would be between two parents. Honestly I thought everything was up to me because I am their custodial parent..

Please any advice and/or a plan of action would be great..

Thanks in advance..

:confused:

Last edited:

Silverplum

Please PLEASE HELP.. Evil sister just took Legal Gardianship over my kids
California...

For the last 5 years I have been in and out of the country for work so during that period my sister has helped take care of my 2 daughters at her house.. The children mom and I visit them when their schedules permit.. but frequently.

Recently I decided to take them back because my sister and I are fighting and she has turned my two daughters against me.

Now she has been granted temporary guardianship over them and there is a hearing in 3 weeks.

Doe's anyone have any advice ?

Thanks

So, was she EVIL when you and Mom left your children with her for however long?

DID you pay a form of child support to your EVIL sister, or did you just figure she could take care of your children by herself?

:rolleyes:

iamrot

So, was she EVIL when you and Mom left your children with her for however long?

DID you pay a form of child support to your EVIL sister, or did you just figure she could take care of your children by herself?

:rolleyes:

It was supposed to be one big extended family.. But recently my sister has turned evil... and made up a bunch of lies to turn the kids against me..

I paid for clothes and everything the girls needed and gave money when asked.

Bali Hai

It was supposed to be one big extended family.. But recently my sister has turned evil... and made up a bunch of lies to turn the kids against me..

I paid for clothes and everything the girls needed and gave money when asked.
How much foster care money is she getting??

LdiJ

California...

Doe's anyone have any advice ? I wanted to pull them out of school and have them come live with me.. the girls are in their teens and can make a decision of their own but I thought it would be between two parents. Honestly I thought everything was up to me because I am their custodial parent..

Please any advice and/or a plan of action would be great..

Thanks in advance..

The reality of things is that you have two teenage daughters who have been living with your sister for the last 5 years, who are not going to want to be taken away from their friends and their school. They particularly are not going to want that just because you are now mad at your sister. That's likely to make them resent you more.

However, you are a parent, with constitutional rights, and with a good attorney you may be able to force the girls to return to your home. However, if you are going to continue to be traveling abroad for work, what do you plan to do with them? How do you plan to deal with two extremely unhappy and resentful teenagers?

Its also possible however, that after 5 years, the judge will go with "status quo" particularly if the children don't want to move.

iamrot

The reality of things is that you have two teenage daughters who have been living with your sister for the last 5 years, who are not going to want to be taken away from their friends and their school. They particularly are not going to want that just because you are now mad at your sister. That's likely to make them resent you more.

However, you are a parent, with constitutional rights, and with a good attorney you may be able to force the girls to return to your home. However, if you are going to continue to be traveling abroad for work, what do you plan to do with them? How do you plan to deal with two extremely unhappy and resentful teenagers?

Its also possible however, that after 5 years, the judge will go with "status quo" particularly if the children don't want to move.

Ya I only live about 15 - 20 minutes away.. I think I will go for Thursday-Sunday every other week and the mother of the kids every other weekend or something.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">