• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

please respond asap

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shari36

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Oregon
I need some feedback on a divorce and custody issue. I the mother filed a restraining order against husband.I have had custody of our two kids since order was granted.. He(the husband filed for divorce and for full custody of the children ages 1 and 3.. He has a lawyer I could not afford one. I filed a response myself also a waiver for the filing fees..We went to mediation and he would not work with me on a fair custody and visitation plan.. That was three weeks ago.. I have heard nothing from courts or husbands attorney about court dates ect...This morning Two policemen and husband came and took the kids away saying he won and now has custody... the papers where signed by a judge. I know a divorce rules over restraining order but what about the seperate order for custody of the kids?? I never recieved any notice from courts or his attorney about anything regarding this case or me being dennied.....What do I do now is there anything I can legally do right now to get my kids back asap..Father is not on the up and up.. This taking my kids away this morning was what he did on his own did not use his attorney..(HELP PLEASE)

rmet4nzkx

So you have 2 custody battles on your hand, 1 for these two younger children and one for your 9 yo child, you have an attorney for that action but not for this one? Have you have a copy of the order granting him custory? Have you called the court to see when this court date was calandered and where is proof of service? You may be able to file an emergency ex parte order? We need more informaiton. Why don't you call your attorney?

shari36

re-

No this is not for me I do have an attorney for my visitation case. My friend (who does not have a computer is using this site as well... I guess I will have her register real fast.Can she do this from the same e-Mail address???
Thanks

rmet4nzkx

shari36 said:
No this is not for me I do have an attorney for my visitation case. My friend (who does not have a computer is using this site as well... I guess I will have her register real fast.Can she do this from the same e-Mail address???
Thanks
It's real confusing when you don't make it clear who you are, and have her join on her own and then delete this thread. I think you just sign off then she can register and sign in on her own and post her question. Be sure to know who is signed on if you use the same computer.
:)

shari36

me agian

It didnt work said e-mail was already being used..She did recieve papers from the police which were signed by the judge in Washington County She redides here in Clatsop County as she has for over 6 months with her children..She has been working with the womens resorce center here to get some type of legal help but that did not happen soon enough..Is my understanding right that when you file something with the courts you recieve something back even if it was denied??Also the attorney I have for my case(9yr Old )always sends copies to the other party regarding any action we are seeking..Shouldnt this be the same for this case??? Sorry about all the conf.. Just trying to get some kind of understanding of all this and not alot of resorces to do it...
Thanks
Shari

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">